Loading the New Tip Insert.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/RR7RZGeTYV8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RR7RZGeTYV8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I got fuel today so i will fire up the stove. Supposed to get a snow storm in the next day or so. That will give me something to do LOL. PM me your name and mailing address so i can write you down in my book.

Hey i just got my inserts todat ...Very nice and consistant in size...and you are right a tiny bag

lol aint that something? that TINY TINY bag and 75 of them in there.

inserts

Hey FG I just found this forum. Bring me up to speed on the insets. You casting these? Are they already Made? I use the 295g copper; they create quicker expansion? Sorry for all the questions.

oldrookie said:
Hey FG I just found this forum. Bring me up to speed on the insets. You casting these? Are they already Made? I use the 295g copper; they create quicker expansion? Sorry for all the questions.
I am casting these myself. They are a filler insert that slows down expansion on close range shots. You hear the stories ( I shot a deer at 30 yards with 100gr pellets and a 295gr powerbelt and the bullet splattered) This insert helps slow down the over expansion that powerbelts are well known for.

I have roughly 100-115ish on hand at the moment. I am still improving my mold that i made. I will be stock piling these for a little while longer before shipping them out to field testers. I'll pm you to get your shipping info as it seems like you are interested.

The 295gr HP with my filler insert weighs 308 grains and is averaging only a 3 grain weight loss in ranges from 20 yards on out to 100 yards.

I PMd you FG. With the 295g, I'll stick with 90g of 777 and see what difference it makes at 100 yard target.

The buddys I hunt with all use powerbelt copper hp. We are usually hunting inside 75 yards and never get a pass through.....no big deal.
We slow the slug down to around 15-1600 fps and always find them inside the hide. They go down fast and leaking a lot of oil.

Gander:

I have got an annoying, but heatfelt, worrysome question.

Is there any legal implications here if people use these and they create some sort of failure that allows the barrel to explode or something? You know...product liability stuff.

There are a whole lot of slimey liberal lawyers that make a living on such nonsense...like millions from McDonalds for hot coffee.

I think this is an awesome invention/idea. But please be careful of the nutballs.

highly uplikely. Its just lead being put in place where the lead should be. As you can see, its a tight fit with no chance of it falling out. Its just like putting a poly tip into a bullet that did not come with one.

Latest posts

Back