Loggy's Catfish/Striper Combo

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Today was a decent day on the Lower Susquehanna. The power plant didnt start running the turbines till 11 AM so things were somewhat slow till then. Gave me some quality time to straighten all the World's problems out... if only in my mind! :lol:

Caught a nice 9 LB Channel Cat and a 23" Striper. One other channel cat taken in the 3 lb range. Had 3 throw back stripers (under 18" legal size). Very lightly hooked & unharmed. :D Be my last trip for a while ...got Daughters HS Grad etc. :D & must go to work next week. :cry:

Caught the Striper on large live shiners and the Cat was taken on cut herring. Man, the ole cat took off like a freight train. Thought he was at least a 20 pounder!! :lol:

Least I got some meat in the freezer to carry the family for a while! :lol:

Striper006.jpg

My Nicest Channel Cat this Year

Striper007.jpg

Good eatin Loggy, so tell me, What is your favorite way to cook striper and do you eat the eggs or the brains?

Nice catch there Loggy...BUT...

I REALLY like that galvanized TRAILER! That is an awesome looking trailer! My fishing boat trailer all ready has some rust on it...

Thanks Guys. Chuck, I went with galvanized cause I fish in saltwater. It would eat up a painted metal. Yours should be fine in freshwater,,, just have to keep up on touch-up.

Dwight, my favorite is pan frying in iron skilled or deep frying. Check down under the Recipies for a good seafood breader. Mrs. Loggy prefers broiled...just litely peppered, few slices of onions & lemon on top. She's into Weight Watchers (currently :lol: ) The only eggs or roe I eat are herring. Very fine & tasty. On the stripers brains, seems the ones I catch have little or none! :lol:

The saltwater striper (aka MD Rockfish) is found in restaurants in our area. A very fine fish to eat. Was at Phillips Crabhouse last weekend & they had it in menu.

Nice fish there Loggy, caught a 8&1/2 and an 8 near power plant last year with my oldest son.

Nice Cats there AB! I launch down at Port Deposit and run up around Spencer's Island and fish. I hear that they leave you in behind the Dam now...not sure if on the catwalk? It was closed for a long time after 911 for security reasons.

In the past i have caught some catfish with flounder in their guts...just wonder if the ole cats were way down in the Bay or if those flounder work up towards the Dam. Guess that brackish water holds both.

Back