Lyman 30 1/2 tang sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was told to expect the sight between 22 and 27 November.
It came today! I am over the moon! Far and away the most expensive sight I've bought. $300! But its a little jem of a sight. Modest finish wear, and dirty, but functions perfectly. All adjustment as they should be. No slop or wobble in the stem or barrel. The lock right holds good and tight and the windage adjustment is very nice. Its also built like a Russian tractor...
Yould have to work to hurt this sight.
The 30 1/2 was the top of the line tang sight for the Savage 99. Must say I agree! Right now, its soaking in solvent and waiting for a good and proper cleaning. Then, it's going on my 99 .300.
I do love it when a plan comes together!
Oh SO happy, happy, happy!

Almost had a stroke...
The stem wasn't coming up to the proper angle. It was not upright enough for the lock to engage and the view through the aperture was not round. More like a football...
No obvious adjustment for such. I removed the nut and tried to turn the through bolt. No luck.
Was about to give up hope, so I put the nut back on, nipped it up tight aaaand... Its now properly upright and the lock engages.
Whew!

Back