Mag-Spark adapter?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm getting around to maybe picking up a magspark 209 adapter for a couple of side locks. My question is, does it start to have erosion issues like one would have using just your standard #11 nipple and using heavy conical loads? I've never held a mag spark or looked at one up close. Maybe the erosion issue doesn't exist?

I'm getting around to maybe picking up a magspark 209 adapter for a couple of side locks. My question is, does it start to have erosion issues like one would have using just your standard #11 nipple and using heavy conical loads? I've never held a mag spark or looked at one up close. Maybe the erosion issue doesn't exist?
No because it is a sealed unit, get a extra cap cause if you lose it get your flint lock ! Also very important (IF) you do as I say you will have no complaints , stik the 209 in your mouth insert in Magspark /then spit in cap and close it up and your done ! Most complaints come from ignoring what I've learned and it can be difficult to remove if you skip this step ,an added benefit this is now a sealed unit and with a taped muzzle water proof and kept outside good for however long your season lasts /plus as being sealed I do not get gas cutting/erosion incurred with percussion caps (why Ned Roberts )invented a similar ignition (ahead of his time) . Use never seize and install and unless you damage it ( drop the hammer with out the cap) been there done that I do not remove them till I do screw up threads ,some rifles have the same 5-6 yrs later ! /Ed

Back