Musket caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfox

Reaction score
Back in the 1980's, a friend gave me these caps. I am wondering if after all these years if they are still good? They have been kept in a dry cool place. Could they be used like a #11 cap on a traditional muzzle loader or do they require a special nipple?

20130123_091625_zps8a37348b.jpg

oldfox said:
Back in the 1980's, a friend gave me these caps. I am wondering if after all these years if they are still good? They have been kept in a dry cool place. Could they be used like a #11 cap on a traditional muzzle loader or do they require a special nipple?

20130123_091625_zps8a37348b.jpg

They require a musket nipple. They should be good if they have been kept as you say.

I would love to have those for my 62 cal underhammer. <smile>

But they are way WAY to big for #11 nipple. Not only that, I seriously doubt if your hammer will fit over them, even if you got a musket nibble for your gun.

On many traditional rifles its a matter of changing out nipples. But some rifles, the hammer needs to be changed also because the shape of the nose but most work fine. Those are great top hats you have there.

Latest posts

Back