My wifes first kill

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkstalkr

Reaction score
Thought you guys might like to see the Lope my wife took in Nebraksa last year. It was her first big game animal to shoot. Got it with her Rem. Model 7 youth in a 7mm-08. Stalked to withing 130 yards of it. She was quite the trooper, bellied crawled for probably 50-100 yards of nebraska sandhills filled with sandburs and prickly pear. After the shot her and I immidately rolled over and started digging out stickers. She never complained once.

He only has 12.5 horns, but thats a nice herd buck for the area of NE we were hunting. Just north of Ogallala, NE right outside the town of Lewellen.

watermark.php

Good pics. It must be nice to have wife that hunts with you.My wife was understanding of my passion for hunting and fishing,but only went fishing with me three times in 35 year of marriage.

I think that is very cool also, my wife is an anti but I have two out of three children going to field with me every year.My 17 yr old sun and 13yr old daughter live to go with dad! :applause:

LOVE IT! I think that is just AWESOME!

Those pronghorn are really fun to hunt! Looks like she did a find job and looks as if you taught her well! I KNOW you enjoyed it just as much as she did!

Nice antelope! Pretty country the sandhills, I've hunted around Burwell.

Nice post!

My wife hunts with me as well. She's stone cold and buck fever never seems to affect her, unlike me!

Families that hunt together, stay together.....I truly believe that.

elkstalkr said:
omega,

i grouse hunt just north of burwell near lake calamus

Yep, all around Calmus for me, prairie chicken and deer.

Back