NC Fisherman catches record catfish a day apart

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
An angler in North Carolina set a state record two days in a row. He caught a 91 lb. blue cat and the next day caught one that weighed 105 lb.

Blue catfish are delicious but the biggest I ever caught was 22 lb. on a trot line.

http://www.grindtv.com/fishing/angler-sets-blue-catfish-record-then-breaks-own-record-day-later/<a href='/tags/9mAyGsowt3HMIZ8S' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #9mAyGsowt3HMIZ8S'>#9mAyGsowt3HMIZ8S.97</a>

Catfish1.jpeg

Catfish2.jpeg

I've been catfishing a few times and thought my 6 - 8 pounders were big!  :shock:

They are ... for a channel cat. Believe it or not blue cats taste better than channel cats. I never ate a flathead catfish - "noodling" doesn't appeal to me with snapping turtles and gators in the water. :evil:

Blues are good tasting. My those are some big fish!

Reminds me of the story I heard growing up. Apparently divers are hired to clean the 
water sluices from the dams. Apparently, several of them surfaced in a panic and 
quit. They claimed to have seen catfish the size of horses. The fish sat with their mouths 
open as the water came out and ate till they got huge. The divers were afraid the catfish 
would eat them. 

I don't believe it... till I dive down in the muddy waters and lose my visibility. :affraid:     Boo!

When I used to SCUBA dive, sharks never worried me that much until I couldn't see them anymore .. or they got over 10' long. They had a tendency to "grow" after they disappeared from view. I spent a lot of time circling in one spot waiting for them to re-appear. :shock:

Latest posts

Back