Never met a Pietta or Uberti that did not need some TLC

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVA Fanboy

Supporting Member
Supporting member
Reaction score
I will say some ask for a "BEST" from the Italian Makers of the Reproductions I will stand firm and probably offend a lot of folks, There is not a best Both are fine both will need some TLC out of the box. The only real difference is where the names and black powder only are placed, and one runs $50 to $70 more for the same decent chunk of metal that slings lead and in need of work. Now why do I choose Pietta? it is what I started with, I know I can use Uberti wire springs as I do trigger/bolt spring by Wolff Springs I know I know the Uberti Junkies are a freaking out, the Pietta Poppers are not pleased but the truth overall should be told. Both are decent enough, both will need some work even if brand new (some cases more so). So if you are NEW wanting to know BEST, I will ask 1) Do you care about a Logo/Name on the side of a barrel? and 2) Round ball? or Conical? Pietta is a better round ball chucker Uberti far better with conical when you answer those two questions, get some files, sandpaper, calipers and settle in.

Back