NEW FIND - GRRW Leman Trade Rifle Kit.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Just received this email from Bob Allen (editor of the Green River Gazette).
----------------------------------------
See attached pictures.

I have for sale an original GRRW Trade Rifle Kit still in its original shipping box. The kit has not been messed with or started on. It is a .50 cal. half stock with all original GRRW parts. If you had ordered one back in the late 70’s this is what you would have received. The browning solution has evaporated but the stain is still good. If you have thought about having one of the original GRRW builders assemble one of the GRRW-CA rifles for you, this would be the perfect way to go. You would have an original Leman Trade Rifle built by one of the original builders and it would be new. The price is $1000 + shipping. This is about what the price of parts now a days from Track of the Wolf costs if you where to order parts. With this you get a new GRRW barrel and GRRW marked butt plate and Trigger guard which are no longer available. I thought I’d offer it to the membership before I put it on Gunbroker. E-mail me or phone me at 316-788-9710 if you are interested. I thought about having Carl Walker put it together for me but I have enough Trade Rifles in my collection as it is.

Thanks.
Bob
----------------------------------------
GRRW_Kit_Instructions.jpg

GRRW_Kit_Small_Parts.jpg

GRRW_Trade_Rifle_Kit.jpg

GRRW_Trade_Rifle_Kit_Shipping_Box.jpg

Here's another one for our Kentucky Colonel, heads-up KC another kit gun for you and Carl would probably assemble it for you. Just think KC two in the same household WOW.   :)  Now that's real bragging material for your club to talk about.  :Red tup:

Get thee behind....

I could do it, but I should not do it. It is a reasonable price. 

Seeing this, there are some packing differences. I also was under the impression that kit guns were not GRRW marked. Plus, all my special markings got hijacked! lol It was a really good idea. 

A trade gun... I don't have a trade gun...

Kentucky Colonel said:
Get thee behind....

yes

Seeing this, there are some packing differences. I also was under the impression that kit guns were not GRRW marked. Plus, all my special markings got hijacked! lol It was a really good idea. 

In the day they were using whatever they had at hand for packing. Some kits had serial numbers and GRRW stampings (they were far and few from what Carl said).

what are you referring to on markings being hijacked my friend???

A trade gun... I don't have a trade gun..

Buck Conner said:
Kentucky Colonel said:
Get thee behind....

yes

In the day they were using whatever they had at hand for packing. Some kits had serial numbers and GRRW stampings (they were far and few from what Carl said).

***LOL The idea for double stamping the guns... GRRW and GRRW CA. I liked being 'special.' Traveler is still unique though***

Kentucky Colonel said:
Buck Conner said:
Kentucky Colonel said:
Get thee behind....

yes

***LOL The idea for double stamping the guns... GRRW and GRRW CA. I liked being 'special.' Traveler is still unique though***

What's the new toy's name KC ????

Buck Conner said:
I came close... I looked up the number and the e-mail. I picked up the phone. And then... I got pulled away and the impulse buy derailed.

It is a great chance for someone. They are going to be glad I walked away. I have a great one already and a great story. This would be a repeat experience for me. Two would just be greedy. :(

Oh, and this one would not have been named. lol That was special circumstances.

Kentucky Colonel said:
Oh, and this one would not have been named. lol That was special circumstances.
It's a perfect time for the Mrs. to have her very own GRRW rifle KC. That's always a good selling point to our Mrs. She'll never shoot it and you can tell her "it does need to be shot once in a while". 

That only worked once for me, then she informed me "if you ever touch my gun again, I'll shove it where the sun doesn't shine", got the message.......   :cry:

Latest posts

Back