New Guy to Smokeless NULA ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake Davis

Reaction score
I have a Knight Disc Extreme, which I love. I also inherited a Melvin Forbes Ultralight Arms Muzzleloader. It is, however, left handed.
I drew a tag in KS for early ML and would like to use my old hunting buddies gun.
Please chime in on where you would start for a powder (seems N110 and 4198 are the go to, but info is limited).
Bullets in this gun......sabot or other?
Thanks

I am a leftie, in case you decide you may want to sell it to a hunter that will use it. Regards!

N110 upto 41gr and a 250gr bullet. Some use it with a 275gr Parker also.

SR4759 for 275-300gr bullets. Same max data Savage recommends is safe but the powder it no longer made.

5744 would also be safe but i never got it to shoot well. About 43gr max or so.

4227 should work with at least a 275gr bullet and a tight sabot. The NULA plug and a mag primer should light it up no problem.

I am a leftie, in case you decide you may want to sell it to a hunter that will use it. Regards!
I am likely to transfer ownership after I take it in this hunt....as it is "Backwards" for me. I just want to bring Chuck on his last hunt via the rifle. I may post it here later and note you had first dibs. Thank You

N110 upto 41gr and a 250gr bullet. Some use it with a 275gr Parker also.

SR4759 for 275-300gr bullets. Same max data Savage recommends is safe but the powder it no longer made.

5744 would also be safe but i never got it to shoot well. About 43gr max or so.

4227 should work with at least a 275gr bullet and a tight sabot. The NULA plug and a mag primer should light it up no problem.
I will try to find some N110 as I am using the Barnes 250. This is a different critter as the barrel is very light in contour. I appreciate the insight!

I am likely to transfer ownership after I take it in this hunt....as it is "Backwards" for me. I just want to bring Chuck on his last hunt via the rifle. I may post it here later and note you had first dibs. Thank You
Thank you Blake! I will PM you my personal info. Regards

I use 42 Grains of SR4759 and a 275 grain Parker Ballistic Extreme with short black Harvester Sabot.

Latest posts

Back