New Mount Finally Arrives!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I shot this buck with my Savage ML II on Jan 2, 2022 (67grns of N120 with a 300gr Barnes Original Spitzer in an Orange MMP sabot). I probably posted a pic of him on here shortly after harvesting him. Since he was one of the last bucks to the taxidermist that season, he took a little longer than normal. I'm estimating his age around 5+, though I only had him on camera that single season. Unfortunately, he lost quite a bit of mass by the time I shot him in January. His G4's are very small so he appears as an 8pt, but I love the width of the rack and the height of the G2's. Have seen a few "decent" bucks on camera so far this summer, but nothing huge yet.

Attachments

• 10pt 1-2-22.jpg
    10pt 1-2-22.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • 10pt Mount 1-2-22.jpg
    10pt Mount 1-2-22.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
That's a beautiful mount ! I love how symmetrical the antlers are. Great tine length too. Nice job on collecting that bad boy!

That is a certified grand buck. I guess all the other deer called him boss.

I shot this buck with my Savage ML II on Jan 2, 2022 (67grns of N120 with a 300gr Barnes Original Spitzer in an Orange MMP sabot). I probably posted a pic of him on here shortly after harvesting him. Since he was one of the last bucks to the taxidermist that season, he took a little longer than normal. I'm estimating his age around 5+, though I only had him on camera that single season. Unfortunately, he lost quite a bit of mass by the time I shot him in January. His G4's are very small so he appears as an 8pt, but I love the width of the rack and the height of the G2's. Have seen a few "decent" bucks on camera so far this summer, but nothing huge yet.
Nice buck, the mount looks great. You should be very proud. Congrats

Back