Ol' Geezer currently living in west central Ohio, wherever that is

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in a modest little Ohio town named for an early pioneer, Simon Kenton. I started muzzle loading in 1960 with the North-South Skirmish Association, with my trusty 1863 Springfield rifle. Enjoyed it a lot, many target shoots at various military forts around Washington, DC.
But Dad retired from the Navy and we moved - again, this time to Jupiter, FL, where no one knew anything about muzzle loading rifles. Picked it up again following my stint in the Navy, 1964-68. Built a little kit, .45 pistol, percussion.
Lived all over, moving into my 55th home on my 55th birthday. I'm 77 now, own my own modest house, with my Service Dog, her replacement trainee, and 3 or 4 cats. No spouse, and my kids/grandkids/great-grandkids visit rarely. Turned the 480 s.f. "family room" into my workshop.
Recently completed my 315th ML, a Kibler Woodsrunner in .54 cal.
Kinda stove up from exposure to Agent Orange. Mobility is tough at times, but I continue to try moving along. The hand tremor is problematical, hard to put the chisel on the right spot anymore, so later ML's are not carved.

Welcome to the brotherhood

Back