Omega 45 cal. Douglas barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
after messing around with the GPR I decided to get out the Omega and see how it did with a standard hunting load.
I chose to go with a 110 gr Blackhorn and a 260 gr Dead Center sabot. I had to ditch the tan sabot and switch to a blue crush rib as the tan was to tight.
The gun has a Lyman peep sight in the rear which really restricts my range and a Phoenix precision front sight . I stayed at 300 yards for the longest shots.

Gun: Omega 45 cal Douglas 1:18 bull barrel
110 gr Blackhorn
260 gr Dead Center sabot
Federal 209 primer
I don't know how to do videos so this is just raw footage. It isn't edited to cut out the long delay between turning on the camera and firing

video link

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
after messing around with the GPR I decided to get out the Omega and see how it did with a standard hunting load.
I chose to go with a 110 gr Blackhorn and a 260 gr Dead Center sabot. I had to ditch the tan sabot and switch to a blue crush rib as the tan was to tight.
The gun has a Lyman peep sight in the rear which really restricts my range and a Phoenix precision front sight . I stayed at 300 yards for the longest shots.

Gun: Omega 45 cal Douglas 1:18 bull barrel
110 gr Blackhorn
260 gr Dead Center sabot
Federal 209 primer
I don't know how to do videos so this is just raw footage. It isn't edited to cut out the long delay between turning on the camera and firing

video link

that is one Bestill built long ago

As far as sabot go i love the Douglas Prem XX barrels. Never tried one sabotless so i can comment but with sabots my 50 has been a great barrel. I would love to try one of their 45s.

Latest posts

Back