Pellet into a HP Powerbelt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Was doing a little thinking and remembered that my nephew had a good stash of Pellets so i borrowed a handful :twisted:

They fit perfect! I am going to test them tomorrow in the trap before going back to the drawing board.
Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Not yet! I am back to the drawing board tomorrow with a chunk of aluminum :twisted:

you should email lee, and see if they still make them, they where a limited run

What do you hope to accomplish by filling the nose of that Powerbelt? Is it your idea that with the pellet in the hollow, it will act as a push rod? Would that pellet cause them to open and perhaps splatter more?

Many years ago, we (when we were young and foolish) used to fill the nose of a hollow point .22 cartridge with candle wax. It never seemed to effect the flight, and as for knock down, never seen any difference. We were just kids having fun. I think we saw it on TV or something, so we had to try it.

Fill it and control the expansion. Hoping it will prevent over expansion and hold them together where they can be driven harder.

They do the job i was hoping for! They remind me of some XTP's that i shot into my sand bucket.

The reversed shallow HP pellet came out a lot smoother overall while the Flat point Left a chunky bottom.

i am going to take 3 shots @ 100 yards with the Shallow HP @ 100 yards, see how they group and then tomorrow i will do the same with the Flat point.

Depending how they shoot, i will more than likely be using the powerbelt with the pellet in the center.
You can see the pellet in the middle of each bullet.
HP LEFT/ FP RIGHT
Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picked these up today. They had the ones with the BB in the middle but the BB is actually smaller that the bb you'd find in a shotgun shell.
Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture032.jpg

I'll test these tomorrow at 58 yards after i shoot the other pellet tomorrow at 100.

Latest posts

Back