Power belt 295 harder than you think

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I like a Flat Nose on a relatively slow bullet(anything less than 2300 f.p.s.) for big game under 100 yards. Unlike many I like to see expansion shock on impact, but that's just me. My all-time favorite 30-30 re-load was with the Flat-Noser...it was awesome on whitetails. I like the flat tip on the Powerbelts. I never used the aerotips.. I always popped-off the tips!

In my sand bucket the 295 copper AT held up better than the 270 Platinum AT... much harder to bend and didn't expand quite as much. I really think the 295 AT can stand to be pushed fairly fast on whitetails,,, maybe 100 grains or so of 777.

Flint, have you done any more testing with my tip installed?

Im still working on that .45 mold. I decided to wait until i buy a drill press and then get it finished. I want to get the holes perfect. Also going to change up the thread size.

Got some 295's loaded up and ready to go... I uped the charge to 100 grains of 777 and my Accura put them is just about one hole at 100 yards... so if the inserts don't mess with the accuracy, and I don't think they will,,,, and the 295's with the tips hold up well in the sand bucket at 20 yards with the 100 grain charge, I will have my hunting load. I may need you to make me some more inserts though... if this works out I'm going to order a pack of 50 295 HP's.

No problem. I will get started on the tips tomorrow, i have 6 more people to set up.

oh and thanks for the info on how the accura shoots the 295s!! I'll have to order a 50pack also.

Latest posts

Back