Ramrod questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I carry a homemade collapsible rod with a spinjag, in its pouch, in my small bag along with extra powder tubes, bullets, sabots, etc. I ,also, carry a spare collapsible rod, just in case.
Any chance you'd care to show how you made yours? I'm looking into doing the same thing

I was thinking about making one but I decided on getting the CVA Lifetime Range Rod. Its 3 pc 3/8" aluminum and reviews look good on it. My wife can make me a sheath for it no problem to go on my belt. I might even have one already from a detachable bipod I used to use on my western hunts. Besides, like many of you here, it's very rare that I need a second shot. Not bragging just fact. I can only think of 3 times in my 55+ years of hunting where I needed a second shot on a big game animal.
But having a ramrod for cleaning as well as loading IMO is necessary. Especially should you stumble and poke your muzzle into snow or mud. You got to clean that out.

Last edited:
I believe if I were to make one I would use paracord along side the bungie cord just in case the bungie cord broke. You ain't going to break that.

Latest posts

Back