Red field target turret

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walleye

Reaction score
I have upgraded my stuff for next year. I bought a new bone collector and I have a 6-20x50 Redfield made in Japan. It's not really a Redfield but that's what the label says.

So I have a stupid question. The fine adjustment is on top. If you lock it with the screws the hole turret rotates. It only clicks in 1/4 turns. Labeled 4 8 12 and back to zero. It will make one full turn in either direction.

Does a quarter turn equal 4moa?

I know when I sight it in it will be obvious. But it going to be 15 deg this weekend and that will limit my sighting enthusiasm.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 328
i would say that 4, 8 , 12 are minutes, is click 1/4 moa? Get on paper at 50 yds. you should need no more than 3moa to 100,then zero and go from there. Based on 1330 you should only need about 9 or 10 MOA for 200 with a 525 grn bullet . I know kind of slow for sabots.

Four clicks is a complete revolution of the dial. Which would be 16 minutes. It turns smooth and stops on the numbers. Would most turrets click ever minute?

no they click every 1/4 moa most do any way. then there should be a number every 4 clicks, which is a minute. What are numbers inside the dial in picture

0 4 8 12

It turns one complete revolution up and one complete revolution down from center.

On the top center of the turret it looks like it says ?/? MOA. What does that say 1/8, 1/4 1/2?

Top of the turret says 1/8 Moa. That should be to zero the scope. Screws for locking the original zero and setting the turret to zero. The term maybe is a zero lock. There is a coin slot for the 1/8 Moa zero. . I found some Google instructions. For a complete turn of target turret in general you should get 15moa from a complete 360 turn from 0 around to O. I just thought there would be 15 or more than the 3 clicks and the end of the turn. I will set up a 100 yard target with a inch scale and see how it moves. It just doesn't look like it will be very precise.

Back