Remington 798 - Mauser 98 rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8dawg6

Reaction score
man, remington is REALLY getting into the imported gun market.

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... el_798.asp

now, im not positive they're importing this rifle. but i strongly suspect those are imported "interarms" mauser 98 actions, or something similar. i would be kind of amazed if remington had really geared up their tooling to make a 98 barreled action.

anyway, not that there's anything necessarily wrong with importing these rifles. i love the old mauser action . . . street price is probably around $450 . . . not too shabby . . .

Nice looking rifle but since when is a "clean barrel" a selling point? Makes me wonder about the barrels.

Reckon "clean barrel" is some sales executives marketing speak for no sights?

ive done a little research, and im right. these rifles are the same thing as the old interarms mark X. they're manufactured in serbia, and up until this year they were being imported by charles daly. apparently remington is now selling the same rifle as the charles daly, but at a 10% higher msrp. stock might be different, but i dunno

wonder how remington is gonna do on this one? they now import rifles (serbia), shotguns (russia), and muzzleloaders (spain). they tell ya that the shotguns are imported, but not the rifles or the muzzleloaders . . . :?

They have a couple of new .22 rifles on their site also. The Model 5 doesn't look too bad except for the clip area. Other one looks to be a beginner's .22 for kids.

It looks like the 375 and 458 versions would be handfull. Per the spec sheet, they come in about 7 pounds!!!

Latest posts

Back