Ruger 10/22 - Trigger Assembly retainer pins - QUESTION

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all- Just got a new-to-me Ruger 10/22, when I was taking it apart, the pins that hold the tigger assembly to the reciever were a bear to take out and a bear to get back in. Once out, I lubed the pins and the hole, but it still did not slide like butter. I am thinking about getting some replacement pins but also making sure I have the right size punch. Anybody know the right size punch for removing those pins?

I sold my 10/22 a year ago but i dont recall ever having to drive out any pins. Everything HAS to be in alignment but i dont think they are supposed to be that hard. The stock will capture all the pins. I always used a 1/8” or 3/16” brass punch, too small is better than too large, imho. Possibly your new gun has an after market trigger? Kidd or Volquartsen, maybe? They may hold a tighter dimension than Ruger.

I own several 10/22's including a homebuilt ghost clone I built using zero Ruger mfg parts.

I don't remember any of my 10/22's having stiff to remove pins. In fact I have had pins fall out when the stock was removed.

Back