Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!
Last summer I started looking for a 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle. From reviews I 1st searched for a Mossberg Patriot 6.5 mm PRC which I found a good deal. Then after searching for ammo I decided to go with the 6.5mm Patriot version after finding two locally.
It's a good value rifle and comes with a fluted floated barrel. The drop box is nice. The bolt doesn't lock in place loaded which can backup while carrying with sling.
The molded stock was replaced due to contacting the barrel in the forearm area under warranty. This issue caused groups to spray. Once replaced good results came quickly.
Had some issues with getting enough ammo but consistency paid off.
I recently took a large doe at 112 yards with 140gr Hornady Black load. She dropped immediately .

View attachment 17706

View attachment 17707
Did you have to send the
Congratulations!
Last summer I started looking for a 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle. From reviews I 1st searched for a Mossberg Patriot 6.5 mm PRC which I found a good deal. Then after searching for ammo I decided to go with the 6.5mm Patriot version after finding two locally.
It's a good value rifle and comes with a fluted floated barrel. The drop box is nice. The bolt doesn't lock in place loaded which can backup while carrying with sling.
The molded stock was replaced due to contacting the barrel in the forearm area under warranty. This issue caused groups to spray. Once replaced good results came quickly.
Had some issues with getting enough ammo but consistency paid off.
I recently took a large doe at 112 yards with 140gr Hornady Black load. She dropped immediately .

View attachment 17706

View attachment 17707
did you have to send the rifle back to the factory for replacement?

The reason I asked was because I have the same thing with a patriot I just bought and worse the stock is warped for and aft and it shoots like a shot gun.

Ruger American Predator in .223 Rem ... well, so far it's just the barreled action and soon it'll be just the action when the new Preferred bbl arrives.

20220725_123808.jpg

Congratulations!
Did you have to send the complete gun to the factory or just the stock ?

Last edited:
Back