Savage Pictures

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with ya"all the finished ML-2.
The stock is a Richards Dual Grip Thumbhole, after fitting the action I decided to use 2 SS sleeves from Mc Master-Carr which I recessed for the button head action screws also from Mc Master-Carr. The remington pillars from Brownells were then cut to length and rest on top of the sleeves, which I think give the the stock in front of the triger guard a better look. Bedded the action and barrel with Pro-Bed 2000. Came out great for my first try at any of this and shoots also as well. Bub.

100_0324.jpg

100_0326.jpg

100_0327.jpg

If I had a rifle that looked that good I'd be posting pics TOO! 8) Looks GREAT! Let's see some GROUPS! :wink:

Laker, You have a Savage that looks like this, thought I had a one of a kind :lol: Again thanks for all your input Joel,without it this project never would have happened. Had a ball putting it together. Bub.

arm and a leg

WOULD GIVE AN ARM AND A LEG FOR ONE OF THOSE THUMBHOLES . But I am more of a wood butcher than a craftman as you must be. beauitiful stock and workmanship, Best of luck with it, Maybe in the future some one will have a drop in stock for the Savage. I just got a Thumbhole for my Austin Halleck. Lou

That is a real beauty Bub. Thumbholes feel so good when you shoulder them. I hope she shoots as good as she looks. :)

Glad to help. Looks real good. So how dose she shoot?

Both look very, very nice. Good luck with them and thanks for pics.

Those are two great looking rifles guys! It looks like I see a XS Power Rod in one or both of them. What might look even a little better to someone is to sand the black finish off of the Power Rod and reveal the aluminum finish. I did this on my stainless/ laminate ML-II, and it turned out closely matching the finish on the barrel. It's hard to improve on guns that look that good! :D

black3

Eric, how do you get away with workin atop of the dining room table with the ole lady? :shock:

Latest posts

Back