Shot A Boar Hog Yesterday

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Range: 40 yards
Attitude: Facing
Rifle: TC New Englander .50 caliber
Bullet: Patched round ball
Powder: 80 grains of Black MZ
Cap: CCI <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a>

Visited the property north of Elmore city yesterday to check the game cameras and fill the feeders.  Got into the blind at about 16:30.  Napped a little. Looked up at 17:30; there was a sow and nine 15 pound pigs under the feeder.  Was waiting for the sow to present a broadside shot when the boar came in. Boar tried to hassle the pigs from the corn.  He turned facing me with his head up.  At the shot the boar bang flopped and did not kick.  Ball exited behind the  right ear.  

Hog weighed 200-225 pounds.
471TxUT.jpg

471TxUT
https://i.imgur.com/471TxUT.jpg

I was just thinking... I’ve never even seen a wild hog in a natural setting. Maybe the zoo?  Do you eat them or is it more pest control, or both?

Do you eat them or is it more pest control, or both?
Both. Meat from a fat wild hog is much better than domestic hog meat. No growth hormones or antibiotics either. Meat from a skinny hog is not fit to eat.

We will start trapping hogs in late January or early February.

Congrats!! Excellent Job on the Hog!! I would love to hunt those things some day

falcon said:
Do you eat them or is it more pest control, or both?
Both.   Meat from a fat wild hog  is much better than domestic hog meat.   No growth hormones or antibiotics either.   Meat from a skinny hog is not fit to eat.  

We will start trapping hogs in late January or early February.    
Interesting... definitely a foreign species to me!

She comes to the feeder anytime Im not around .I bet I have 25 or more pictures of her guess its time to spend the night and get out the green light and get some pork. Got a feeling shes full of pigs looks about ready to pop. I had a bigger boar last year but he is all gone the coyotes and buzzards ate good for several days he smelled so strong I didnt even attempt to save any meat .

Latest posts

Back