SML Bullet Captures

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I can tell the .400 cal Barnes bullet in the 45 cal sabot is not available anywhere!!!

So I’m lookin at Parker’s Match Hunter and no Excuses and Knights Red Hots in 175 gr.

What else is there?

Pittman says his are not recommended for use with sabots.

Thanks. I just spoke with Bob Parker and it sounds like the 402 Match Hunter will work with the harvester blue crush rib sabot. I ordered 250 gr Fury’s and they arrive tomorrow and maybe get shot tomorrow. I’m also lookin at No Excuses, .400 pure lead in a 45 sabot
No Hornady SST’s available anywhere either.

wish those barns didn't have to be heated with a torch to size them . they held together real nice !
thanks for sharing those results :)
Can you please school me a bit about the process of taking a torch to Barnes to get them to size? We've tried to size Barnes TEZ in the past and it's proved unsuccessful, however, we weren't heating them up. I wouldn't mind trying the process again. We have quite a few 290 grain TEZ. I did speak to the engineer at Barnes and he did tell me at 2900ish FPS in whitetail he'd expect the petals to come off, just FYI.

Can you please school me a bit about the process of taking a torch to Barnes to get them to size? We've tried to size Barnes TEZ in the past and it's proved unsuccessful, however, we weren't heating them up. I wouldn't mind trying the process again. We have quite a few 290 grain TEZ. I did speak to the engineer at Barnes and he did tell me at 2900ish FPS in whitetail he'd expect the petals to come off, just FYI.
The person that you replied to is no longer in the forum.

Back