Some pics of a different bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerDailey

Reaction score
EFMJSIDE.jpg

EFMJBOT.jpg

EFMJTOP.jpg

Some pics of a bullet that is loaded in a commercial 40 S&W. This bullet was dug out of dirt after passing through a groundhog. Every one of these bullets I've recovered looked just like this one. I've recovered them from groundhogs, dirt, water, ham of a road kill deer; they all looked the same. It is/was produced by Federal as an Exanding Full Metal Jacket bullet. The nose of the jacket has a medium firm rubber material that controls how the nose expands. 100% weight retained and uniform expansion.

There is a little detail here: http://www.ammoman.com/40_EP_DESC.htm

Take care, have fun....
Roger D. in Southern Indiana

ok i want one in 250 grains in a 45 cal seriously when can we expect these? pretty neat!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a great concept! If it proves to work in the Savage, I will try them also. I just wonder if they would expand when pushed at the velocities that the Savage can generate. I guess it would depend on the wall thickness of the copper sides that surrounds the rubber.

I feel like I need to clarify my last message.
I just wonder if they would expand when pushed at the velocities that the Savage can generate.
I mean to expand before hitting the target, like lead bullets when you push them too fast.

Back