Someone tell me quick if this is a 1:20 Disc,pictures added

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Local guy just posted like new .45 Disc with serial# 001800 is this a 1:20 gun?
Gun is stainless also.
Just found out it says Disc Extreme so that rules out 1:20 correct.?

[/Well gun is close to new, bore is pristine, no marks anywhere on gun that I can find. Only bad spot is a small area of pitting underneath the bolt, I never have understood how you can keep the barrel on a gun in perfect condition but yet pitting develop in breech area.. this guy said they had never shot the gun bought it stuck it in safe and forgot about it, said he owned a bunch of other Knights, so blame on owner before him I guess.. Either way the gun if definitely worth 200.00 as bore shines like its brand new. Bolt was a little dirty but other wise good.b]

2nhdkpw.jpg

2h7ew42.jpg

Re: Someone tell me quick if this is a 1:20 Disc

yeah that's what I figured. Hes only asking 200.00 for it and says its like new so may buy it anyway. Going to look at it tomorrow.

Upper Hand said:

If it’s a disc extreme then it’s possible it came with two breech plugs, a bare primer, and a red plastic jacket, mine did. Mine is nowhere near new condition and it would take a lot more than $200 to buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the gun looks new in pics guy sent me and he said bore is perfect, while Ive heard that before hope it is. Will definitely buy it no matter the twist if its like he says.

herschel conyers said:
If it’s a disc extreme then it’s possible it came with two breech plugs, a bare primer, and a red plastic jacket, mine did. Mine is nowhere near new condition and it would take a lot more than $200 to buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even a 1:30 is a steal at $200. I would inspect it closely though, I've found my standard of mint condition is apperently much higher than others.

If it is a Knight DISC Extreme it is a 1-30... Only 1-20's were the Knight Original DISC and only part of them were 1-20.

Serial number change for the .45 twist rate was anything prior to #2291 on mild steel and #5043 on stainless were 1:20 twist. Hope this helps.

Same here have looked at a lot of perfect guns that to me just looked fair, hes only 29 miles from me so not much lost but a bit of time if it turns out to be not as stated..

Upper Hand said:
Even a 1:30 is a steal at $200. I would inspect it closely though, I've found my standard of mint condition is apperently much higher than others.

At that price, if its clean I'd buy it all day long. The 1:30 rifles shoot really well too... I love my .50 Elite. Good luck :yeah:

If it is in good condition I'd buy it.
In fact I would buy just the stock if I could for $80

When I get it set up for bare primer going to try Ed Mehligs 350 gr conical in it or some 200 gr Shockwaves have a bunch of them.

WV Hunter said:
Looks nice! My 1:30 shoots 250 bloodlines over 100gr BH very well. :yeah:

Glad you got it.
If you dont want the synthetic stock, keep me in mind :wink:

Back