Speer Deep Curl Ammo

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banerbird

Reaction score
I know this isn't muzzleloading info, but FYI for you handgun hunters... This is an email conversation I had with Speer on the availability of Speer DC handgun ammo and bullets.

Me:
I have not needed to buy Speer Deep Curl ammo for a while, but need to this year. I've tried other ammo, but out of my guns, the Speer gets the best accuracy. When will the 240gr 44 mag ammo be available in the market. Also, I use the 44 cal 270gr DC bullet in my muzzleloader, but have not been able to find the bullets for some time. When will they be available as well?

Speer:
The Deep Curl line of hunting ammunition has gone to the Federal Fusion product line. The 270 gr DeepCurl bullet is very popular for a number of uses, look for it by #4461, when made the product ships to the oldest order. The Distributor ships to the Retailer based on his orders. When and where the product finds its way to a shelf is unknown to us. The best solutions for getting product is to purchase it on-line or place an order with a Retailer so when the product arrives it has your name on it.

Me:
Thank you for the reply. When looking at Federal's website, I'll do see 44 mag with a 240 grain soft point, but not the Deep Curl hollow point. Can you confirm if the soft point offering uses a Deep Curl bullet?

Speer:
Go to the Fusion website for a bullet which near identical to the DeepCurl.

Well that is clear as mud. And if in fact that is the case...VERY disappointing.

I know many of us have been waiting for a couple years to get Speer bullets. Funny how all the other manufacturers are now pretty much back to full availability, yet Speer has almost none of their line available. I sure hope they don't do away with one of the best bullets made.

It's funny I messaged federal about the fusion ammo because it was not listed on there website, all they could tell me is that they "still manufacture it"

55038cd7c120c5826b45d8638962e85d.jpg

I asked about ballistics info and thy did not know, it was a very vague conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the last response I got from emailing them a while back said they still make them - but they are in high demand, and I should place an order online and it will be filled at some point.

Well that would be fine but there isn't a company anywhere that you can order from...everywhere is out of stock with no backorder option. :wall:

WV Hunter said:
Actually the last response I got from emailing them a while back said they still make them - but they are in high demand, and I should place an order online and it will be filled at some point.

Well that would be fine but there isn't a company anywhere that you can order from...everywhere is out of stock with no backorder option. :wall:

Which bullet exactly are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I had been looking for the .50 cal 325 uni-cor mainly to use in my .54. I keep an eye out regularly, but haven't been too worried about it because I do have some good bullets that ShawnT sent me that I use in that gun - that ironically he ended up designing and casting because of not being able to get the Speers either.

Based on how hard most all the Speers are to get, if/when they do became available again I'd probably get an ample supply of the 325/.50's, the 240gr/.429 Deep Curl HP's, and the 300gr/.452 Deep Curl HP's.

The 240's are my go to hunting bullet in several rifles, thankfully I have plenty of them right now.

WV Hunter said:
Well I had been looking for the .50 cal 325 uni-cor mainly to use in my .54.

I have 35 count of 300 gr Speer GD hollow point and 44 count 350 gr Speer DC soft point in 50 cal taking up space in my cabinet if you're interested. I bought them to play with loading my own 12 ga shotgun sabots but only shoot a 20ga now for when I take the slug gun out. So I have no need for them anymore.

Bannerbird, thanks for the offer. Not really what I was looking for, but let me know what you need...I may be interested, or may know someone. :D

Re: RE: Re: Speer Deep Curl Ammo

Banerbird said:
"WV Hunter" said:
Well I had been looking for the .50 cal 325 uni-cor mainly to use in my .54.

I have 35 count of 300 gr Speer GD hollow point and 44 count 350 gr Speer DC soft point in 50 cal taking up space in my cabinet if you're interested. I bought them to play with loading my own 12 ga shotgun sabots but only shoot a 20ga now for when I take the slug gun out. So I have no need for them anymore.
I am interested in the 300 grain bullets. I'll send you a pm.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back