The reason I joined

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowanna

Stupidity knows no bounds but knows many people!
Supporting member
Reaction score
I had heard through the forum grapevine about Timney triggers.
I posted not to long ago about our coyote issue on the lease so I dug out a not often disturbed AR from the safe and got some range time with it.

My AR is a Ruger and I've never had any trigger issues with any Ruger I own until this one. Creep was awful (seemed like you had to pull the trigger 3 inches before it would break) and tighter than Marines drape. At 50yds. it was fair to mediocre but after that it fell apart. This is at 100yds before I got discouraged and called it a day.
IMG_20230925_144057545_MP.jpg
Then I remembered what I'd read here and enlisted Timney for their help.
And help they did, I ordered the R.E.D. impact trigger and was extremely impressed after the first round. It's factory set between 3 & 4 lbs and I don't think it's that much. No creep whatsoever. IMG_20230925_144139114.jpg

This is at 100yds with the new trigger ( the one flyer to the left was caused by a horse fly bigger than my head). Thought I was shooting someone else's rifle.

The reason I came here was to learn from people who know and learn I did. Thanx y'all and I'll definitely keep payin' attention to what you have to say.

Back