The SCAR ("Special forces Combat Assault Rifle")

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rifleman,

FN does seem to answer the publics wishes and supply civilian versions of these weapons. I'm happy with my AR that I pieced together last year so maybe in another 5 years I'll be ready to plop down the money for a SCAR if they're available then. I have not ever had a problem with my AR, but then I love cleaning my guns and keeping them lightly lubed.

Meanwhile, my FN FAL's will have to keep my FN jones going for a while.

PowderKeg

I have heard through the grapevine that the rifle will be available in semi auto form to the civialian market in 2007. I think it would be great, but something tells me that it is highly unlikely.

I wonder why the light version is in 5.56 rather than 6.8?

The current 5.56 SS109 round penetrates well, but is thought to be light on stopping power.

Because the 6.8 lacks range and it is not a round that is in the supply chain like 5.56 and 7.62.
Really it is not a well thought out round at all. It does nothing well. An attempt that was supposed to be a Jack of all Trades, it turned out to be a master of none.

Latest posts

Back