The Story of the Wolfhound Loshbough Hunt--

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Turned out well. I was advised today it has been accepted for publication.

I'll do the captions for the pictures as accurately as I am able. I'll add an area on bullet selection, sight-in range, and load selection.

Loggy, Blue Dot, and Chuck Hill have helped proof it-- Scott found a few typos, and that led me to find more. Interest is always there on loads, sight-in, and hog-specific loads. I have my own views; but the story unfolds inclusive of Loggy's and Scott's experiences as well. I'm trying to present the hunt through different sets of eyes and ears-- and, I don't want anyone left out unless they wish to be.

If you have load / sight-in, equipment preferences to be included-- please send them to via private e-mail. Scott, I'll mention your bullet-- but. :roll:

GREAT! :D

It will probably be one of their better written articles.

RW:

I wouldn't expect you to publish the powder used, nor the fps 8) . Congrats !!

That's easy-- I know neither. A .458 Barnes 300 gr. X bullet is what I believe you used.

As for scopes, I don't recall what everyone used-- so, I need a refresher there.

My impression would be that 1.5 x 6 scopes are ideal for that type of hunt, Barnes MZ or X, Hornady XTP, Partition Gold, and Winchester Platinum tips would be considered preferred bullets, and Chuck Hill (not shooting a Savage) felt that the Savages put the snouts in the dirt the fastest.

:D Sounds great Randy! I have fished & hunted with quite a few outfitters and Loshbough's is second to none in my book!! Really fine people who I feel fortunate to have met through both your & Chucks efforts. Great you took the time to carry this out covering our hunt and the fine hog hunting operation at Loshboughs.

Back