Tree Stand Maintenance/Safety Check-Up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Well, with today being in the 90's & humidity 88% it was too hot to mow, too hot to shoot, too hot for yard work...so I declared today Tree Stand Maintenance /Safety Check-up day! :lol: It wont be too long till I place 2 of these Ole Boys out to their Fall/Winter Home. :D

First on list was my Big Buck Phantom...renamed Travelling Starr (Only 24 LBS!) by North Star one fine company. They just made some custom platform replacement cables for my Phantom which had straps..... the newer have aircraft cable. I talked to owner Bill Goodwin (President, North Starr) and he had some made for me. Price was under $15 shipped!! A class outfit!

Today I removed the ole straps & relaced with the cable. Perfect fit! Used all SS hardware & camo painted. Also went over all fittings etc. Did same with my Loggy & Loc-On Spirit chain-on. They all definitely needed a going over including paint touch-up. I always do this before each hunting season and one or 2 times during the season. One cant be too safe up there! :lol:

Here's a pic of my Big Buck Phantom 14' with new cables on. Man. its solid as a rock! It folds and is hinged as ONE UNIT. No separate sections to screw around with.

14' BIG BUCK PHANTOM Ladder Stand (Platform Up)

DSCF0179.jpg

Platform Down (Note New Cables on) Perfect Fit!

DSCF0176.jpg

My LOC-ON Spirit

DSCF0177.jpg

Last But Not Least...MY LOGGY :lol:

DSCF0178.jpg

About that traveling star, how long does it take to get it set up and ready to hunt out of? Thinking of somthing like that for public land that wouldn't take to long to set up and take down because I won't leave anything out there, even locked down.
Also, how hard is it to get onto? Looks like the climbing would be easy until you reached the platform then what do you do? Do you have to be a chimp to use it? :?

The stand only takes a few minutes to set-up. The sections are hinged together and you unfold on ground and sliding lock collars slip over the hinge. Very solid.

Once you climb up to platform there is a step thats folds out (left side facing tree) that you step on, fold platform down and step on it. I am not a professional climber by any means and have no trouble. If you are near a Cabela's Store they have the North Star Products set-up so you can see. The Traveling Starr is "one unit" with no ladder sections to slide together etc. I also have one of their clombong stocks I use with Loc-On. Same construction...one solid folding piece.

Back