Turkey Hunting in MA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deer hunting is challenging here but turkeys are becoming like rats. Population is blowing up in the suburbs.

There is a 20-30 strong flock that hangs out in my neighborhood.
That's encouraging. The turkey population here in Oklahoma has tanked over the past few years.
So much so that they changed the bag limit to one bearded bird statewide for the spring season.
I have a buddy in Vermont. He says there are birds everywhere up there.

That's encouraging. The turkey population here in Oklahoma has tanked over the past few years.
So much so that they changed the bag limit to one bearded bird statewide for the spring season.
I have a buddy in Vermont. He says there are birds everywhere up there.
I’ve heard that about a lot of places in the south and Midwest. I hope it gets better for you. Vermont and New Hampshire both have good populations as well, and they have been exponentially increasing for the last 5 to 10 years. Not a lot of hunters up here either…

I’ve heard that about a lot of places in the south and Midwest. I hope it gets better for you. Vermont and New Hampshire both have good populations as well, and they have been exponentially increasing for the last 5 to 10 years. Not a lot of hunters up here either…
Interesting post. Or just a coincidental viewing I guess. I was contacting fish and game offices this week in new Hampshire, Vermont and Maine looking for info on public hunting next spring then opened this forum and seen post. Good to see population is not suffering somewhere. I'm curious how much hunting pressure do these states have ? And how much public land access is there ?

The states fish and game websites and OnX hunt will answer your public land access questions….

Hunting pressure is a bit harder to quantify and would probably require some local knowledge about the areas you are interested in hunting…

The Green Mountain National Forest has about a half million acres. Plenty of hunting opportunities. The Northeast Kingdom is another area to look into.

I’ve always applied something I noticed when hiking in my hunting plans.…

If you can get one mile away from the nearest place to park a car, you won’t see many people. If you can get closer to 5 miles away you will almost always have the place to yourself…

I’ve always applied something I noticed when hiking in my hunting plans.…

If you can get one mile away from the nearest place to park a car, you won’t see many people. If you can get closer to 5 miles away you will almost always have the place to yourself…
That's what I've found here in Dixie, 90% are a couple of hundred yards from the truck. A little shoe leather will earn you some solitude 😊

Latest posts

Back