Weaver Celebrating 75 Years!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Weaver being same as alot of companies.... has been bought, restructured, merged or whatever, but the Weaver name is still here after 75 years.

One of the first scopes I owned back in the 60's along with the good ole Lyman 4x (where did the Lyman scope go anyway :lol: )

Last year I bought a RV7 Weaver Classic Rimfire Scope (like Chuck has in buy & sell) and really am impressed with the clarity/brightness of the scopes optics and its overall quality. Like many better scopes today, Made in Japan. :D

Anyone here own a Weaver & have it on their ML or have any input on the Weaver?

Last year I bought a RV7 Weaver Classic Rimfire Scope (like Chuck has in buy & sell) and really am impressed with the clarity/brightness of the scopes optics and its overall quality. Like many better scopes today, Made in Japan.

No Loggy.. I dont have a single Weaver scope. It is all I can do NOT to buy that scope from Mr. Hill. It would be perfect on top of my .17hmr G2 :shock:

Its a nice scope JJ. I have looked through several Weavers over the last couple of months and I'm impressed with the quality. Nice to see some of the old names still around. Brings back some memories. :D

Chucks got too many scopes anyway so I'd take it off his hands. :lol:

Loggy....I have an old V1.5 to 4.5Wide that I purchased back in'75. Had it on various rifles over the years,Had it on my Knight Disc Extreme till after hunting season last year(replaced it with a Bushnell 3200 2-7X32 Elite). It's still clear enough, but alot of crap on the inside of the lens. You can actually see it at lower magnifications. Kinda distracting.Keep it around for old times sake!!! Oh yea, it Took a nice heavy 4X4 last year, nice way to end its career.......Ken

:D Hi Ken, Congrats on the 4X4! Great way to retire that ole Weaver.

Yeah, wish I would of kept some of the old Weavers & my very first scope...a Lyman 4X. I think i owned the Lyman back in mid 60's! :lol:

I was only 14-15 then & I remember the guys in our camp laughin at me since they all were using open sights on their 94 Wins & 99 300 Savages.
Of course, when my Lyman fogged up (which it did alot :lol: ) ...they certainly got the last laugh. Man, have scopes come a long way from then!

I've got a weaver 3X. Was the first scope my father ever bought. I got it when he put a new scope on his rifle some 10 years ago. It's now on a 22 rim fire and still works great.

When I was 14 I had a Weaver 6 power with a small dot at the cross hairs. It was on my 25-06. That was a lot of scope in 1962. I later went to a 3x9 Redfield. Those scopes were more common then it seems. The same rifle now has a 6.5x20 Leupold on it.

I own several. I have a KT15 on my CZ rimfire silhouette rifle. Works great. I have a 1-3x variable on my turkey gun. Great scope. I have an old V4.5 (turn the eyepiece to change power) on my .30-40 Krag (Bannerman carbine). I have a V7-II Steel-lite looking for a gun to sit on.

Only bummer is my V10. It "took a bump" the other week which bent the tube. I guess I know how they got the weight down as much as they did.

Latest posts

Back