What a month!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animater9

Reaction score
Thank God for off topic!!!
I have been trying to get an E-Commerce site up and going and this is how it has gone for the last 6 months!
I have been looking for 100 acres to build a range and a complete shop. When you find it, say their is 12 different properties that touch that property. You have to go to everyone and get them to sign a statement saying it is ok (if theirs 5 or 25 properties), if 2 say no your done! This is fun!
In the last 6 months I have paid 2 companies to build me a site and 1 (I paid 1/2= 3 total). The first I paid got Nothing, literally nothing! The 2nd I got a picture that was nothing to do with me, maybe a child?
This 3rd one I was given 3 pictures of the landing page. I gave up on the logo I want just to get the site going.
They created the logo and when they sent me the last picture, they didn't even get there own logo right???
This is all they did in 3 weeks.
As I said this is "Off Topic" isn't it? Is it not allowed? If not please let me know. I figure when people think there having a bad day tell them to talk to 30 or 40 web designers and try to wade through the BS and lies! No, I'm not crying, just thought it was funny how things change!!!

DH

I have been trying to get an E-Commerce site up and going and this is how it has gone for the last 6 months!
I have been looking for 100 acres to build a range and a complete shop. When you find it, say their is 12 different properties that touch that property. You have to go to everyone and get them to sign a statement saying it is ok (if theirs 5 or 25 properties), if 2 say no your done! This is fun!
In the last 6 months I have paid 2 companies to build me a site and 1 (I paid 1/2= 3 total). The first I paid got Nothing, literally nothing! The 2nd I got a picture that was nothing to do with me, maybe a child?
This 3rd one I was given 3 pictures of the landing page. I gave up on the logo I want just to get the site going.
They created the logo and when they sent me the last picture, they didn't even get there own logo right???
As I said this is "Off Topic" isn't it? Is it not allowed? If not please let me know. I figure when people think there having a bad day tell them to talk to 30 or 40 web designers and try to wade through the BS and lies! No, I'm not crying, just thought it was funny how things change!!!

DH
Man sorry you gotta jump through hoops you get that range open let me know

DH
Welcome to the world of small business startup...For my FFL LLC I got fed up with web designers and ended up building on my own on WIX with advice from my IT knowledgeable son. Did I mention I am a confirmed Luddite? So the exercise was "fun". Initially had a GOOGLE domain but their internet search engine advisor, whose job was to connect my website to multiple search engines, refused as they will have nothing to do with a website that sells/promotes firearms.. Switched to WIX hosting....now am searchable, get monthly traffic reports, and they are much less expensive than GOOGLE.
Also, WIX hosting includes email boxes. Naturally, they have different levels of service at differing prices but thus far, things work, I'm getting calls, and I was able to import my logo with no problems....Full disclosure, I have no paid relationship with either WIX or GOOGLE...jist happy thus far with WIX's service and performance
Best of luck

Back