What the...? It's a Blue Pig?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentucky Colonel

Reaction score
It appears to NOT be a trick. Look it up. There are several other pics.

The following is from IFLScience web site.

"When a couple out on their ranch in Morgan Hill, California, saw a wild pig roaming the brush, they decided to shoot it and take it home for meat. After transporting the pig back home and draining its blood, the pair cut open the pig ready to skin and portion it, only to find this wild hog was hiding something quite unusual below the surface.

Pig%20Blue_zps8edj1y6e.jpg

According to the original post, all the fat within the body was consistently stained blue. Its meat and blood however, were of normal color. The couple have shot and eaten other wild pigs on their ranch and claim to never have found a specimen like this one."

Samples have been sent to the University of California Davis for testing. 

QUESTION ONE: What do you think caused it? (I am going with aliens!) :alien:

QUESTION TWO: Would you eat it? :affraid:

thats easy, pigs constantly are getting into the grapes in california and the juices actually cause the fat the turn a bluish hue. It happens with bears as well, including pink and even red fat.

I read this the other day and they said the meat was blue. Obviously, the writer never gutted anything otherwise he'd know it's fascia and fat, not meat. It looks like someone wised them up.

Who starts field dressing an animal from the SIDE?? I think I'll call BS on this one.

-Joe

I am going with aliens too! 
alien.png

No,  I wouldn't eat it.....good predator bait.

:scratch:

Don't know what the blue is but it's being gutted properly. 

Ray........... :Red tup:

FrontierGander said:
its the green pork you have to worry about!

Green eggs and ham! I always wondered what that was, too! 

Two votes for aliens! :alien:

For the record, I will not eat green eggs and ham or blue neither!

Blue on Blue, Heartache on heartache LOL Bet you were shocked when you started to gut it and saw the blue

I think the pig had a bad case of BLUE BALLS
EXCUSE MY CRUDENESS

Latest posts

Back