White M97 Test Report from Browning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t recall seeing references to White rifles not being able to “take” BH209 pressure, rather portions of the percussion cap coming apart from the pressure generated by the propellant.

I shot BH in my 98, 451 over 5 grains of real black. Excellent accuracy with no negative effects.The only reason I went back to T7 is duplexing is more of a pain than I want to mess with. I do have a 209 conversion for my 410, but with the current cost of 8oz BH vs 16oz T7, I doubt I’ll use it. Plus in Michigan zone three we can use centerfires during ML season.

Greg

I shot BH in my 98, 451 over 5 grains of real black. Excellent accuracy with no negative effects.The only reason I went back to T7 is duplexing is more of a pain than I want to mess with. I do have a 209 conversion for my 410, but with the current cost of 8oz BH vs 16oz T7, I doubt I’ll use it. Plus in Michigan zone three we can use centerfires during ML season.

Greg
That's the way I feel Greg.

Well for safety's sake I hope someone doesn't see this report and think they can shoot smokeless powder out of their rifle! But very interesting.

I wish I could find the email from doc when he accurized my thunder bolt, he told me he doesn't recommend bh209 in anything but the thunder bolt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back