Williams FP Legend fits Knight DISC but not the Extreme?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregdaws

Reaction score
Good Morning!!

I'm being kind of lazy here and probably should know the answer to the question that I am about to ask. My question is that on the Williams site it states that their Knight FP legend fits the DISC model but not the DISC Extreme. Why does it fit the DISC and not the Extreme? I'm struggling to see the difference.

Also, I'm asking because I am looking at using a peep with a fibre optic front sight. I really like the look of FP Legend peep and the shorty ramp with the fiber optic insert and the open hood. Is any one using this set up on their DISC or DISC extreme? What component parts do I need ie ramp and insert height.

I'm asking for advice on both the D.I.S.C & DISC Extreme because I own both and am looking at moving away from optics.

Any help appreciated....

Thank you

I use them Williams FP on both rifles. The only problem you might run in to is the DE that have the wide would stocks. It works well with most composite stocks.

Knight-DISC-Extreme-Western.jpg

Western-11-Shoot.jpg

Don't know if this is the Williams model you are asking about? It was mounted on a Knight bolt rifle at one time, maybe two different rifles. One can see the slider was beveled to clear the stock. One can see the other end had material removed also, in order to clear the bolt.

Can recall one rifle had material removed from the bolt to clear the sight. Seemed this was a better result than removing material from near the adjustment screw.

G_0397.jpg

I think that I need to get off my butt and pull both my DISC out and my Extreme to see what the difference is. The Williams site clearly states that the FP Legend fits the DISC and not the Extreme. I thought that in both cases there would need to be material removed from either the Sight or the bolt handle with either the stock or the slide having to be modified to fit.

Sabotloader, do you have the specs for the front sight parts? I assume it's the Shorty Ramp, with the narrow insert but do you remember what the depth was on the ramp aid the insert?

Thanks for the input guys.

The sight installs right on the receiver of either Knight. The hole spacing on both are identical.

The biggest problem is the bolt handle often contacts the elevation bar with the bolt is lifted. That is an easy fix.

Elevation-Bar-Filed.jpg

The other problem is on the fatter stocks the left side of the elevation bar can contact the stock. If so then a portion of the bar needs to be filed off on an angle to clear the stock. The Knight legend is installed on a Ultra Light and they have a thicker stock the than the normal DE or Disc Elite stock.

FP-Tang-Filing.jpg

Front sight Parts List

Front-Sight-set-up.jpg

I do make another change - I remove the red fiber optic bead and replace it with a green rod. Provides way more contrast on the target.

Williams-Front-Sight.jpg

Front Ramp
962-020-097WB
Streamlined Ramp 3/16" 1.625 Hole Spacing Screw-on
Mfr Part: 1690

Williams front fire Sight
962-564-350WB
Red Fire Sight fits .343N
Mfr Part: 56435

Fire sight Hood
962-000-016WB
Fire Sight Hood
Mfr Part: 70031

Hope this helps. The sights were ordered from Brownels - that is what the WB part numbers are.

mike

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Thanks so much for the info. That makes life a lot easier !!

Back