Wolverine Rear Sight Adjustment and Sight Radius

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisN

Reaction score
I've been reading many of the threads here regarding aperture sights and front sight choices for hunting guns and find them really helpful. I am setting up a .50 Knight Wolverine for deer and elk hunts this fall.

I've used peep sights a long time for targets and on all around working rifles, receiver mounted and barrel mounted, paired with front beads, black posts, and tritium dots, for day and night shooting.

I never considered that increasing the sight radius diminishes the effect of an adjustment upon point of impact. That a rear sight that doesn't have adequate adjustment when positioned at the receiver can be used further forward and have enough adjustment. I've never had a rifle before like the Knight that has the same barrel/receiver radius across its length and since there are three pairs of mounting holes in the barrel/receiver, you have options to use a peep very close or as a barrel mounted sight.

This sure could be obvious to everyone already, but if an aperture sight doesn't have enough adjustment to reach desired point of impact when it's mounted on the receiver, when it's installed forward on the barrel it might work and you may not need a peep with as much windage and elevation adjustment.

Back