Wow this sucks for trout fishing next year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a small chance it was an accident, or some stupid person not realizing what would happen, but likely someone had to know what they were doing and intentionally killed them. Its just so freaking stupid to kill and waste so many fish. I really hope they catch whoever did it. What do you think restitution would cost for 25k trout?

Theres a small chance it was an accident, or some stupid person not realizing what would happen, but likely someone had to know what they were doing and intentionally killed them. Its just so freaking stupid to kill and waste so many fish. I really hope they catch whoever did it. What do you think restitution would cost for 25k trout?
I really don't think so if it was someone who worked there they had to know what they where doing....no way someone did that as a accident as far as the trout restitution goes they're gonna have to pay the $70k plus that's how much the Maryland said the trout where worth

Really? You wanna share a youtube link of them opening their wallets and paying up, I'd want to see it.
I guess I'm too pessimistic to think any state, especially a state like MD, would actually hold anyone accountable, and personally, financially, liable for their actions.
Should they?? Heck ya. But at the end of the day, where the rubber meets the road, fisherfolks in MD will suffer, and taxpayers will bear the brunt of it.

Really? You wanna share a youtube link of them opening their wallets and paying up, I'd want to see it.
I guess I'm too pessimistic to think any state, especially a state like MD, would actually hold anyone accountable, and personally, financially, liable for their actions.
Should they?? Heck ya. But at the end of the day, where the rubber meets the road, fisherfolks in MD will suffer, and taxpayers will bear the brunt of it.
Thats probably true. Some states actually try to get restitution. Its usually from some a-hole that doesn't have a pot to piss in tho.

I really don't think so if it was someone who worked there they had to know what they where doing....no way someone did that as a accident as far as the trout restitution goes they're gonna have to pay the $70k plus that's how much the Maryland said the trout where worth
In Michigan it would have to be a worker as they no longer allow public into the hatchery for any reason....at least in the UP. Can't say for below the bridge

One of my thoughts when I posted was maybe some bone head working there screwed up and just wanted to save face and blamed someone else. So I just threw it all into some people are just no gd good category.

One of my thoughts when I posted was maybe some bone head working there screwed up and just wanted to save face and blamed someone else. So I just threw it all into some people are just no gd good category.
You know that could be a possibility I mean that's alot of trout that was killed maybe the states trying to save face

That's a shame. A lot of local fishermen are pretty peeved. I live just a few miles from that hatchery. I am friends with and graduated high school with Albert M. Powell's grandson. His grandson is a marine biologist.
I too live just a few miles from there. We used to ride in anytime to look at the fish.

Latest posts

Back