1:24 Twist .50 Cal Hunting Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I cast up a few of my Accurate Molds #50-488M, This Bullet shot very well in my 1:28 Twist Barrels, Now to try them in my 1:24 Twist Rice Barrel :lewis: I have yet to try any of my Lighter, Hunting Bullets in this 24 Twist, The only thing it has seen so far is my BIG 610, and 615 BACO Target Bullets

Bullet weighs 490 Grains when Cast of PURE Lead, Right at 1” inch long
gtmdzUm.jpg

0FTE2EE.jpg

I cast up a few of my Accurate Molds #50-488M, This Bullet shot very well in my 1:28 Twist Barrels, Now to try them in my 1:24 Twist Rice Barrel :lewis: I have yet to try any of my Lighter, Hunting Bullets in this 24 Twist, The only thing it has seen so far is my BIG 610, and 615 BACO Target Bullets

Bullet weighs 490 Grains when Cast of PURE Lead, Right at 1” inch long
gtmdzUm.jpg

0FTE2EE.jpg
Lew, did you take up photography in school? Your pictures not to mention your bullets look GREAT! :lewis:

Lewis I am looking forward to hearing about the. 54's. I am getting ready to start working with a Pedersoli rolling block. 54 with a 1-24 twist.

The Bullets i will be shooting are from Forum member @muzzlestuffer They are 750 Grains :oops: I have already shot a Group of 3, They shot Awesome :lewis: I want to get Chrono Data the next Outing, then calculate Ft lb of Energy

Accurate Molds #50-488M Shoots awesome in my Rice 1:24 Twist .50 :lewis: I will try a few of my Lighter Bullets next, My Bullshop 450-460 Grain, the i Bullet, and maybe the Lyman Plains as well.

3 Shot Group, 60 Yards, 85 Grains of Swiss 2F, with .54 Cal 1/8” Thick Wool felt Wads
ktqf2Dt.jpg

Damn fine shooting! I take it you guys finally got some rain? We got some last week, nocked the fires down a bit but still super dry, would like to get another rain storm before I start shooting in the woods again. Getting close to hunting season though….

Accurate Molds #50-488M Shoots awesome in my Rice 1:24 Twist .50 :lewis: I will try a few of my Lighter Bullets next, My Bullshop 450-460 Grain, the i Bullet, and maybe the Lyman Plains as well.

3 Shot Group, 60 Yards, 85 Grains of Swiss 2F, with .54 Cal 1/8” Thick Wool felt Wads
ktqf2Dt.jpg
Very nice shooting as always were they pure lead

This, and the BIG 758 Grain .54 Cal are on the Same Video. Both Rifles/Bullet Combos shot Excellent :lewis:

Latest posts

Back