1-28'' twist Renegade Barrel???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been able to find 1:32 barrels for Lyman GPR and GPH in 50 and 54. But never can find a fast twist TC barrels. Except the occasional used one.

Green mountain was the only one i know of, they made a line of LRH Barrels (Long Range Hunter) in .45, .50, and .54 Cal, The .45 is 1:30 Twist, the .50 and .54 are 1:28, These haven’t been made in Many Years now (SAD DEAL!!) You do see these Pop up on Ebay, Gun Broker, etc. from time to time, And they usually bring a Fair amount (250-300) There is a Stainless 50 on EBay right Now, I bet it goes for over 300

As for Brand new, Rice Barrels will Build a 1:28 Twist Drop in, They are about 400 Bucks and Come in the White, you need to Blue/Brown etc. whatever you choose?

I am pretty sure Pecatonica Long Rifle can do this Also, They show .50 Cal GM 1:28 Twist Unfinished Barrels, The ONLY place i know that Does
http://www.longrifles-pr.com/gmstraightoctbarrel.shtml

And hope it doesn’t go anywhere near what this one claimed to of

79IciBX.jpg

I actually have the complete rifle with LRH I would like to sell. It is a new Renegade stock with double triggers and a SS LRH barrel. The barrel is a 15/16" barrel but fits very well in the Renegade stock.

P1010006-1.jpg

Mike, saw you installed a Recoil Pad. Curious as to which one you bought and did you install it yourself or had it done professionally? I just love the plain looks of the Renegades. Not that I have anything against the Hawkens, I'm just a plain guy and don't need all that shiny brass.

Sent you a PM

You won’t find a Nicer Rifle than that one :lewis: I would LOVE to own it, for no other reason than JUST BECAUSE! But I would be doing nothing more than Hoarding it, i own Several of these, they are MY BREAD & BUTTER Rifles :lewis: And the REASON i don’t own a single inline today, These Ole Sidelocks Setup Properly will shoot EVERY BIT AS GOOD as ANY Current production inline made, In fact my money is on the Sidelock EVERYTIME! The main Reason being the Trigger, A Sidelock “Set Trigger” is FAR SUPERIOR to a Stock inline Trigger. Anyone that knows much about Bench/Target Shooting, Knows just how important a Trigger is.

Buy that Rifle Hatchet Jack, You Won’t regret it :lewis:

I am new here and don't have the post count or time on the forum to use the classifieds, so I hope no one takes this as trying to do a run around on the rules since that is not my intent. Last year I picked up one of the last few unfinished .50 caliber LRH barrel blanks that Green Mountain had. It is a 1" across the flats, 1:28 twist, 32" blank that is threaded for a 3/4"-16 breech plug. I intended to build a fast twist bullet rifle with it, but I have a couple of other projects to finish before I can get to it and it won't work for my current build (it needs a 15/16" with 5/8"-18 threads). I would let go of it for what I have invested in it if someone else can use it. Again, I didn't come here to only sell and am not trying to break the rules. I am just trying to help someone out since there aren't any more of these floating around for sane prices.

Sorry about that. Like I said, I am not trying to violate the rules and get into trouble. I am in no hurry and can wait until I am "legal" so to speak. Just trying to help anyone out that is looking for one of these barrels.

I am all for companies cashing in on something that will make money, but it sure is a shame that Green Mountain dropped all fast twist muzzleloader barrels when they started making AR-15 barrels for government contracts. The rumor that I heard from the internet when I got my barrel last year was that Green Mountain found a stash of them in storage somewhere and listed them for clearance prices to get rid of them. They showed around 100 or so when they listed them and they sold FAST!!!

Back