1st deer of the year. All hail the XTP!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Popped a plump button (rats ) at 9:50 this morning. Was sittin down the Patch and in some heavy cover, when I noticed a stampede of fuzzy tail tree rats, and about 100 yards out came 3 deer. The big doe cut into the ugly cover and 1 other cut in with her. The one with the busted clue meter gave me a slightly down hill broadside so I sent the round. The XTP, a 250 gr .452, hit high on the left shoulder, busted a rib, made a great batch of chest soup and broke 2 ribs on the lower right side before departing the deer. DRT. Never so much as twitched. Thank you LORD! The load was my standard 70gr of 3f Swiss, the afore mentioned XTP in a Harvester crush rib sabot and a CCI 4 petal musket cap to get things going. Chrono'd muzzle velocity 1575 fps. Dressed weight guesstimate 65-70lbs

Congratulations on the deer. And that sounds like an excellent load. I am not a believer in a lot of powder either. And your 70 grains sure seemed to do the job. Happy eating! :yeah:

:applause: :applause:

CONGRATS :!: :!: Back straps on the BBQ :!: Awesome :yeah:

Ray............ :drinkers:

They really are hard to fault, great stuff mate

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back