2 beautys knight .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d like to know more I have a lot if rounds through these at Friendship and have a few I might be willing to part with...

I’d like to know more I have a lot if rounds through these at Friendship and have a few I might be willing to part with...
well have you shot in recent Inline Matches at Friendship
These were used before everyone started using the customs and BH209 , do you know Fred Lott , used to be a smith for Knight years back

Lucky man, in been looking for an early 45 for a while.
I do have a New in the box MK85 50 cal. Paper work dates it to 1990.
But still looking

Lucky man, in been looking for an early 45 for a while.
I do have a New in the box MK85 50 cal. Paper work dates it to 1990.
But still looking
The earliest .45’s were of a slower twist I believe around 1-26”. They were shooting a bullet from 155-175 grains with a pretty healthy charge up to 150 gr of black or Triple 7. Later came the 1-18” and eventually the 1-20”. I was fortunate to kill some beautiful trophies with my original knight .45 that my family still uses today. In 2005 I killed an Alaskan interior grizzly with a .52 LRH, 140 gr 777 and a 375 gr Barnes. Not sure of the bears weight but he measured 7’-4” and dropped on the spot at 164 yds. I was able to retrieve the bullet.

Early MK85 45s were 1-24 twist. Still trying to find a confirmed barrel maker for those because they were not Green Mountain. Either Lothar Walther or Wiseman would fit the time line maybe.

As far as ive been able to dig up the first "Super DISCs" were 1-20. Then came the 1-30s. All using GM barrels.
Serial number change for the .45 twist rate was anything prior to #2291 on mild steel (blued) and #5043 on stainless were 1:20 twist

The "official" production release of the DISC Extreme 45 1-18 is first mentioned in the Knight 2006 catalog. All other 45s available to the public were listed as 1-30 in the same 2006 catalog. What they had in house or as prototypes i got no idea. Ive seen a Knight 50 1-24 sold here yet they are not listed in any catalog ive seen.

Last edited:
That sounds right. My first .45 is a 1-30” stainless I bet. Good shooter. The remainder of my .45’are blued like in the picture

I have a Knight MK-85 .54 cal. Ser# 2483, SS, laminated stock, would anyone know year and twist?

Back