2 Bore Recoil

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
edmehlig, I found you a Nice Deer Rifle! He even mentions possibly selling it if the price is right :D

I get a kick out of it when he walks back up and you can see the Smoke stil rolling out of the Barrels! LOL!

All it needs is a nice Williams, or Lyman Tang style Peep with a 17 Series Globe Up Front and She’d be Bench Rest Ready! LOL!

That rifle is bigger around than the shooter! He must have lost a bet. LOL Wonder if he was shooting PP bullet??

LOL! I read something about 500 Grains of powder in the comments, Whatever he was using i have a feeling he probably hasn’t repeated it :D I would like to know about the Projectile he used? I will ask him through my YouTube

LOL! I read something about 500 Grains of powder in the comments, Whatever he was using i have a feeling he probably hasn’t repeated it :D I would like to know about the Projectile he used? I will ask him through my YouTube
That's a customer of mine and one of the 2 Bore rifles I built.
The projectile is a 3500gr cast roundball and the load was 500grs Pyrodex RS.

That's a customer of mine and one of the 2 Bore rifles I built.
The projectile is a 3500gr cast roundball and the load was 500grs Pyrodex RS.

3500 Grain Ball, HOLY COW!! 500 Grains of powder isn’t nothing to Sneeze at either :eek:

I agree, not sure I’d care to pull the trigger.
I’ve shot some wonderful British Double Rifles (BP era) over the years and the largest was a H&H 8 bore hammergun that weighed 18-20 pounds - recoil wasn’t like this video for sure!

Colin has treated us to some of his builds before. They are Biguns for sure!:)

That guy took more then a step back from that recoil!:eek:

my only question is WHY? Good way to tear your shoulder out of socket and permanently do some damage.

I feel the same way! Maybe i have a sick sense of humor? But i think it’s funny as all get out to Watch people Shoot these Big RIDICULOUSLY Giant Guns :D

As long as they are doing the shooting then its great but you couldn't pay me to shoot something like that I'm just not into self abuse that much.

I feel the same way! Maybe i have a sick sense of humor? But i think it’s funny as all get out to Watch people Shoot these Big RIDICULOUSLY Giant Guns :D

As long as they are doing the shooting then its great but you couldn't pay me to shoot something like that I'm just not into self abuse that much.

I hear ya Dean! Back in my Late Teens, and through my 20s i thought the BIG BOOMERS were really cool, But Not so much in my “just past” :D Mid 40s

The largest, heaviest Recoiling Rifle i ever owned was a .375 Remington Ultra Magnum, 260 Grain bullet Right at 3,000 FPS, The Rifle was a Stainless Remington Model 700 with their cheap “Hollow” Synthetic Stock, the Rifle had a 26” Barrel. This thing was BRUTAL to try and Bench Shoot, But when i could hang in there and do my part the Gun Shot AMAZING, I had a few Ragged Hole 100 Yard Groups with it, and my Handloads. This Rifle seen a LOT of Lead Sled use, With 2 Bags of shot in it (50 pounds) To Tame it down! Shooting like this, i Broke the Cross member in the Stock Remington Recoil Pad, I noticed it when i changed the Pad out to a Limbsaver. I would compare the Recoil to 3-1/2” Heavy Magnum Shotgun loads, Something you could somewhat Tolerate on a Goose hunt, But trying to sit at a Bench and Squeeeeeeeeze the Trigger off had a way of Playing Head games with ya! LOL! I sold the Gun, and don’t miss it a Bit

I used to sit for hrs before deer season and shoot 3 in sabot/Brenneke slugs off a bench from a 12 ga slug gun, sometimes 100 rds at a time, made me understand yrs later what they can do to your shoulder after 25 yrs of shooting them.

I used to sit for hrs before deer season and shoot 3 in sabot/Brenneke slugs off a bench from a 12 ga slug gun, sometimes 100 rds at a time, made me understand yrs later what they can do to your shoulder after 25 yrs of shooting them.

Another reason why I took up shooting ML's where you could not shoot centerfire rifles. I love my Ithaca Deerslayer, but shooting those slugs is no fun.

Not saying that any gun can't be shot by any body..but bigger guns have a tendency to lend themselves better to bigger people.
Those guns like that weren't ridiculous to the people in Africa around the turn of the century. I think the 4bore was really the most popular follow up stopping gun back then but some undoubtedly used the 2bore. Maybe the people that spend the thousands to own and fire a custom built 2 bore etc are doing it in remembrance of some of the great hunters. Or maybe they just like to throw big lead and see what it does and are big enough people to handle the rifle gainly for a couple shots.
My 8 bore shoots 1352 gr conicals w/370grs 777 powder and it's not bad. When I was a skinny little kid a .50 CVA with a prb and 80grs blk powder was punishing. But now the 8 bore isn't so bad to me but it will kill an elephant.And no matter where I live, I like that fact.

Wow, just watched this video. I thought my 45 LRH was kicking me hard!

Latest posts

Back