2 Weekends in a Row!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week I posted about the 11 year old that I take hunting, and his opening day success during IA's youth season. Last night I took his brother, who is 2 years older. I guess he didn't want to be shown up by his younger brother. Weather conditions couldn't have been any better the last couple days, with highs in the 60's (20 degree temperature drop from Wednesday). We set up in an old cattle trailer, which we have been using as a blind for a few years now. The does and fawns started getting into the beans about 4:30. I told him "if we are going to see any bigger bucks they will pop up right before dark". With about 10 minutes of shooting light left 2 nice bucks show up across the field. We let them close the distance to about 125 yrds (as close as they were going to get while there was shooting light) and what you see is the result. He dropped on the spot with a shot through the shoulder. Again, this was using the boys' 350 Legend, but I still had to share the story. And this being IA, the boys each have their own muzzleloader, so they will be breaking those out for the late season with myself and my smokeless, which I hope to sight in this weekend. Best of luck to all of you this season.

Attachments

• Luke Buck.jpg
    Luke Buck.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 2
Yikes. That'll be a tough one to top in years to come, drop tine and all. I think I count 11....what was the point count?

And congrats to the hunter on taking a fine animal!

Last edited:
Wow that’s incredible! Great fall your group is having!!

Wow! What an awesome deer. That’s a fantastic way to start anyone’s season. Congratulations on both successful hunts. Thank you Harley for passing on the hunting heritage and being a positive roll model.

Last week I posted about the 11 year old that I take hunting, and his opening day success during IA's youth season. Last night I took his brother, who is 2 years older. I guess he didn't want to be shown up by his younger brother. Weather conditions couldn't have been any better the last couple days, with highs in the 60's (20 degree temperature drop from Wednesday). We set up in an old cattle trailer, which we have been using as a blind for a few years now. The does and fawns started getting into the beans about 4:30. I told him "if we are going to see any bigger bucks they will pop up right before dark". With about 10 minutes of shooting light left 2 nice bucks show up across the field. We let them close the distance to about 125 yrds (as close as they were going to get while there was shooting light) and what you see is the result. He dropped on the spot with a shot through the shoulder. Again, this was using the boys' 350 Legend, but I still had to share the story. And this being IA, the boys each have their own muzzleloader, so they will be breaking those out for the late season with myself and my smokeless, which I hope to sight in this weekend. Best of luck to all of you this season.
So awesome!!!

Great deer!! I wondered how the legend would fare... (considering a BFR in that caliber).. slap the boys on the back for this old Tn. fellow!!

Back