2 weeks and we will find icešŸ˜

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From sw Michigan hwre and we used to have good long ice fishing seasons..lately itā€™s been. It so great but I am planning a trip north in the next couple weeks..I canā€™t wait to get back in the hard water

From sw Michigan hwre and we used to have good long ice fishing seasons..lately itā€™s been. It so great but I am planning a trip north in the next couple weeks..I canā€™t wait to get back in the hard water
Me too. Heading to Devils Lake and Lake of The Woods to see if the bays are fishable right after Thanksgiving. šŸ˜

I actually made a trip to minnisota last winter jjst to go ice fishing. Never made very far north though but it was a fun experience staying out on the ice for a weekend

Last edited:
Ive smoked lots of rainbows too. The only thing ive tried like that i loved was smoked steelhead. Its basically a coastal rainbow that migrates to the ocean and back. We dont get anything like that here. Most are hatchery stocker fish with the few exceptions of a couple cold rivers where they can live outside the "trout parks".

Give them long enough in those waters eating tiny shrimp ect and the meat gets redder too. They are still boney little suckers around the fins and "lateral bone" along the ribs. Just a little bit of a pain to remove that one. Hacking on them super tiny bones for only average quality meat just makes me wanna catch and release them. Especially when i can catch browns and cutthroats over 24" with little problem when they are running.

Here in southern MN some of the smaller lakes barely have ice but it's suppose to get up to 50 today. I have heard of some brave souls venturing out on smaller lakes in NE Minnesota. Its suppose to be cold on Thanksgiving.

Back