2019 Season ML Buck Virginia

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaguru

Reaction score
IMG_20191114_174531.jpg IMG_20191114_174359.jpg Here is a pic of my 2019 ML buck. Used my 27 year old Knight MK-85 which has served me well. This buck decided to check out a yearling doe that was feeding about 50 yds from me. When he arrived she ran towards me and stopped just 30 yds in front of me. He went down into some brush and I thought he was gone, but as the doe walked past my stand at 5 yds he reappeared where she had stood. As it was a frontal shot I waited to see what he would do. He put his nose to the ground and followed her trail towards me. Shot him at 12 yds, took his heart out. Ran 20 yds and then down for the count.

Congrats on a beautiful Buck.:2cool:

Wow up close and personal! Nice work that’s a good buck.

A very nice deer congrats. Can you share particulars as to the load and how it performed. Thanks.

A very nice deer congrats. Can you share particulars as to the load and how it performed. Thanks.
My standard load for the last 27 years is 100gr Pyrodex Rs by volume, Hornady 240gr XTP, Hornady or Knight HP sabot and CCI #11 caps. My MK-85 has had a Knight Magnum Surefire breech plug (no longer available) installed since new. I have killed numerous deer with this load over the years with never a failure or issue. Attached is a pic of what the deer looked like with the hide removed on the entrance side. You can see the hole from the bullet about dead center of the bloodshot area.IMG_20191114_210007.jpg

Thanks for the information, the results speak for themselves.
The reason for load questions is we want to use 300 grain sp bullets with a similar powder charge. Thanks.

Back