2020 Season limited out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willfish4fud

Reaction score
Very active season here this year. Limited out (3) and shot one with the new englander. Also called one in for a friend. A988C244-DE3D-43FC-B877-D013A200AB9B.jpegCalled in several that were just out of the 30 yard range I set for muzzleloader. Killed the others with my 870 20 ga. Got on a group for the last week that ran me ragged. Closed the deal today right after fly down.

Gotta love this Turkey Hunting! Congrats on tagging out Rick :lewis: We don’t start til the 15th, The Birds are on FIRE Here

Thanks Lewis. Had several of the coolest hunts ever this year. Very mild winter and very warm for turkey opener this year. Always makes for great early season. Hunting with muzzy was def a challenge. Letting long beards walk off that I coulda rolled with my 20 ga was tough. I’ll be working on that load/gun for 40 yards next year. Hope yours is successful

Thanks Lewis. Had several of the coolest hunts ever this year. Very mild winter and very warm for turkey opener this year. Always makes for great early season. Hunting with muzzy was def a challenge. Letting long beards walk off that I coulda rolled with my 20 ga was tough. I’ll be working on that load/gun for 40 yards next year. Hope yours is successful

Sounds like you had a Great Season :lewis: I kinda wish i had kept my TC New Englander Shotgun Barrel, I got it here From Friend/Forum Member Harleysboss, It was like Brand, and that Thing would Pattern TIGHT, I would have put it up against my Benelli, It had a Full Screw in Choke Tube, i loaded with the Cylinder Tube, then Quickly swapped back to the Full.

I’m hoping to get out on the Opener here, LOTS N LOTS of Birds, and they are LIT UP, ON FIRE :hot:I get a Kick out of these Things, ALL PUFFED UP, Not much of a Care in the World Other than the Hens ahead of em, Guy thing, can’t hold it against em 🤪

Lucky you! My gracious Governor shut down the woods and the lakes here in the Peoples Republic of Washington till May 4th.

Lucky you! My gracious Governor shut down the woods and the lakes here in the Peoples Republic of Washington till May 4th.
Sorry to hear that. Are you all permitted to hunt on private land?
Our spring gobbler starts April 18th hear in Maryland. I'm holding my breathe that they don't close things down here as well. There is rumor that they might. I am fortunate that we have permission to hunt private ground. Not sure if even that would be permissible.
Looking forward to taking my 16 yr old out this coming Saturday, April 12th for Junior Hunt Day.

Last edited:
No, they canceled the youth season 2 weeks ago, and postponed ours on the 6th. Cant even fish off your own dock. I don't have one but my neighbors are ticked. But they can take there boats out and the pot stores are open. Makes a lot of sense huh? Oh wait, the Governor makes 47% on pot sales.

Nice work on the turkeys! I will have to live vicariously through others that can go out enjoy social distancing in the great outdoors. Like MSalyards noted...Washington St has closed us down!! And Idaho..and Oregon and Montana..... GRRR. Back to topic. Nice work on your turkeys Willhunt:lewis:

Good to to see that you have had a great Turkey Season. NH opens on the 1st of May which can not get here fast enough. Always enjoyed hunting with a BP double shotgun. As the saying goes "Not how many but How taken" Be safe in these different times.

Nice work on the turkeys! I will have to live vicariously through others that can go out enjoy social distancing in the great outdoors. Like MSalyards noted...Washington St has closed us down!! And Idaho..and Oregon and Montana..... GRRR. Back to topic. Nice work on your turkeys Willhunt:lewis:

I spent my First 38 Years on the Coast of Wa State, Getting Away from there was the BEST move i EVER made, My only regret is that I didn’t do it 30 Years ago, instead of 10. RANT OVER, Now Back to Topic :lewis:

Latest posts

Back