2021 Oklahoma Crossbow Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Reaction score
I killed this buck on my place in NW Oklahoma last Wednesday (10/6) on the new moon. I’ve watched him on game camera for a couple or three years and am pretty sure he‘s 7, and he weighed in just under 280lbs.
DjtIfCq.jpg

Congrats! xbow looks interesting, that looks like a big scope. What is it if you do not mind? Gosh dandy buck!
Yes sir the scope is way overkill for the crossbow, but it’s what I had available when I set it up. The crossbow is a now discontinued Stryker Offspring (a collaboration between Excalibur and Stryker), and the scope is a Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10x50mm with an illuminated reticle. I keep the scope set on 4x.

Yes sir the scope is way overkill for the crossbow, but it’s what I had available when I set it up. The crossbow is a now discontinued Stryker Offspring (a collaboration between Excalibur and Stryker), and the scope is a Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10x50mm with an illuminated reticle. I keep the scope set on 4x.
While some may consider the Zeiss scope to be overkill, I happen to think that it's a great choice because of its superior light gathering ability during low light conditions. Which cannot but help in the type of hunting conditions most American deer hunters find themselves in when pursuing whitetail deer.

Latest posts

Back