209 BP and bolt kit for super 91 504?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D55

Reaction score
I am completely uneducated on White rifles and am asking for a friend who just got a nice one on trade. Is there a conversion for these rifles and who would have it? Thanks

I agree with Ed. I do have the 209 kit that came with a Super 91 and another kit for a Whitetail but I haven't used them.

If you are looking for a better Breechplug for your Super 91. Look at the post in this forum “ White breech plug with replacement nipple”! When your flash hole wears out all you have to do is replace the nipple with either a Tresco #11 or Musket Nipple. They go for $5-6 each.

If your buddy is dead set on using a 209 ignition, make sure he uses the low power 209 primers. I forget the brand names but I believe 410 shot shell primers will work also. I tried 209's and found them to actually decrease accuracy. 209's also are not weather proof at all, where as a good fitting #11 is much better. I use nothing but #11's now. I see no up side to 209's at all.

I've had good luck with the Remington clean bore primers in my S91-11

I have never had one single issue with ignition using #11 caps, when the caps go off. The only issue I ever had was with my .451 S91, the small ramp on the firing pin was dragging in the track of the receiver, sometimes it took two hits with the plunger to set the gun off, first strike with the plunger just pushed it onto the nipple tight enough the second strike set it off. Some lapping compound and 15 minutes made that a non issue. Never had a failure to fire since nor on any of my four .504’s.
Long story short, I’d keep the #11’s

The only reason that ramp was dragging was it had some homemade screw holding the bolt body into the receiver and I’m betting it got tapped crooked. Got a new screw from fishhawk but haven’t got a chance to run a new tap through the hole yet, cause the threads are kinda buggered. May even be threaded metric, more investigation needed....

Thanks for the replies. My friend will probably never shoot this gun as he has many and took it on a trade deal. He says it doesn't appear to have ever been fired. Not sure if he will follow through on getting the bolt nose bp kit but I told him I'd ask around about it Thanks again.

If he ever wants to sell it , i
Thanks for the replies. My friend will probably never shoot this gun as he has many and took it on a trade deal. He says it doesn't appear to have ever been fired. Not sure if he will follow through on getting the bolt nose bp kit but I told him I'd ask around about it Thanks again.
If he ever wants to sell it post it here . I’m sure it will sell quickly. He doesn’t realize what he has.

Latest posts

Back