209 Breech plug whoas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned a lot of things the hard way,,and I usually learn by putting my hands on it not necessarily by reading about it, I do trust the opinion of those here on this site though, a lot more experience than I have in muzzleloading, You're struggle with the plugs is' my struggle too so I've learned thank you again

Only use it once dont you?
That's right, I only ever used it once just to see how much tighter it would make the plug. I tightened the breech plug by hand then tried the wrench, which only moved the plug a few fractions, not really much at all.
I was just wondering about it is all.
Thanks for the info.

Ron, do you think the ID of this shim is enough for the bushing? Its the closest thing i can find at McMasters.
https://www.mcmaster.com/92927A150/
What part does the ID actually need to clear? The firing pin or the bushing threads?
Needs to clear the bushing threads. McMasters says it spins onto the threads. Im going to order one pack of those and see if they fit as is. Im getting some other stuff from them anyway

Scott, the id need clear the thread of the bushing. The diameter of the bushing thread of an old Optima here is 0.31"

The OD cannot be larger than 0.387" to fit into the threaded hole the bushing screws into.

Only have the one CVA rifle to go by.

What is puzzling to me is why someone doesn't experiment setting head space by locating the firing pin bushing using green loctite. It seems to me there is nothing to be afraid of. If the bushing moves out some how, which i don't believe it will, the hammer won't cock. If the bushing moves in, which i don't believe it will, the primer will leak blow by.

If it mattered to me, it would be fun to play with, but the rifle never gets shot.

I have 2 LeHigh BP-BP-C1 breech plugs for my 2015 CVA Accura. Winchester 209 and CCI 209 M both stick, have to use pliers to remove. This happens when firig primer only and regardless of what load of 209. Ideas ?

if someone else made a plug that would work i would try it.
They do... Arrowhead Custom Rifles LRMP breech plug with his modules. It certainly isn't cheap but it fixes every problem 209 breech plugs have and a bonus is that the hotter magnum large rifle primers provide much more consistent and complete ignition and narrower velocity spreads by a slight bit. My breech is fully sealed with no leakage whatsoever in my Prairie Rifle shooting BH 209 powder. How it would work with other powders I can't say....

CVA Accura V2, fired & unfired primer using rubber O-Ring in the primer pocket. Note firing pin bushing is exactly flush with the receiver face. Zero blowback.

1nzsdUrh.jpg

I have 2 LeHigh BP-BP-C1 breech plugs for my 2015 CVA Accura. Winchester 209 and CCI 209 M both stick, have to use pliers to remove. This happens when firig primer only and regardless of what load of 209. Ideas ?
Knowing that you contacted Lehigh, it will be interesting to hear their solution.

Back